Derby Day 2016
This Saturday, we're saddling up for the Kentucky Derby with the perfect libation in hand: Brewhouse Rarities Mint Julep Ale. While we don't have a horse in the race, the depravity of our Derby dates back to the start of Gonzo journalism when Dr. Hunter S. Thompson and Ralph Steadman gave the world "The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved." If reading isn't your thing, you can catch the story of their first meeting and the debauchery that ensued in the ESPN 30-for-30 short Gonzo @ The Derby.
If you realize you look way too good to stay at home in that Derby dress or seersucker suit, there are a number of Derby parties we recommend gracing with your presence including:
- May 6: Barrel-Aged Mint Julep Release at Dry 85 in Annapolis
- May 7: Derby Viewing Party at Jack Rose Dining Saloon in DC
- May 7: Derby Viewing Party at The Corner Stable in Columbia
- May 7: Derby Day at Vagabond in Atlantic City
- May 7: Kentucky Derby Fancy Hat Part at Mackenzie Pub in Minneapolis
Enjoy the greatest 2 minutes in sports with a Mint Julep Ale in hand. We'll see you in the winner's circle.