Flights and Bites with Cheese from The Common Market Sept. 17
We're welcoming The Common Market's resident cheese monger, Tim Lake, for a five course cheese and beer pairing experience at the brewery on Tuesday, September 17.
Tickets are $25 and include 5 beer and cheese pairings, another beer sample of your choice, a Flying Dog goblet, and a Common Market eco can coolie.
The pairings include:
Wallaby from Keswick Creamery, Newbury, PA - paired with In-Heat Wheat Hefeweizen
- About the cheese: Pleasant yogurt tartness balanced with mushroom earthiness. Versatile as a snacking cheese or as a melter in recipes.
- About the beer: A traditional German-style hefeweizen with flavors of banana and clove
Grayson from Meadowcreek Creamery, Galax, VA - paired with Dogtoberfest Marzen
- About the cheese: Beefy and slightly funky washed-rind cheese showcasing the remarkable protein-character of Jersey cow milk
- About the beer: A rich and malty fall seasonal with sweet graham cracker notes balanced by a dry finish
Beemster XO gouda, Western Netherlands - paired with Natural Selection Stock Ale
- About the cheese: Butterscotch and caramel coat the palate, rounding out with a nutty saltiness and accentuated by a signature crunchy texture.
- About the beer: A three-part collaboration with Evolution Brewing Co. Brown fruit and caramel dominate Genus One
Druck's Extra Sharp Cheddar from York Valley Cheese, Hellam, PA - paired with The Truth Imperial IPA
- About the cheese: Bold, sweet, and nutty, this exemplary cheddar pairs well with sweet jams and, of course, citric hops
- About the beer: A brand-new year-round beer that's a hop bomb of pine, citrus, and stone fruit<br/><br/>
Smokey Blue from Rogue Creamery, Central Point, OR - paired with Gonzo Imperial Porter
- About the cheese: Cold-smoked over Oregon hazelnuts, this classic blue takes on an impressive bacon-like flavor. Great for the grill or winter dessert.
- About the beer: A deep, dark, and mysterious homage to the Good Doctor with rich chocolate and roast followed by a hop kick finish.
This will sell out, so get your tickets now.