Flying Dog University Brings Beer and Cheese Together
Sharon G. Crisafulli, owner of Crisafulli’s cheese shop, has teamed up with Flying Dog University to create a one of a kind course that will raise both your cheese and beer IQ by bringing the parallels of beer and cheese-making to light and showing you how to create better beer and cheese pairings.
This class will cover how cheese was discovered and how it evolved with civilization, cheese making and aging techniques, tips on how to shop for and store cheese, a demo of how to build a cheese plate with the tools of the trade, and more.
And the class will conclude, naturally, with a guided pairing of four cheeses with four beers:
- Wendsleydale with cranberries paired with Bloodline Blood Orange Ale
- Midnight Moon Goat Gouda paired with Dead Rise Summer Ale
- Prairie Breeze Cheddar paired with The Truth Imperial IPA
- Blue Stilton paired with Gonzo Imperial Porter
Registration is $35 per person. Enrollment will fill up fast so sign up today.
Want to get back to the basics?
Spots are available for Flying Dog University's core curriculum both at our brewery classroom and at Betamore in Baltimore.
Beer 101: Craft Beer Basics — A rigorous exploration of the history of beer, the brewing process and the four ingredients in beer.
- Thursday, April 14 at 6 pm - Betamore, Baltimore, MD
- Thursday, May 12 at 6 pm - Flying Dog Brewery, Frederick, MD
Beer 201: Advanced Brewing Techniques — An in-depth look at how advanced brewing processes, like dry hopping and using unique ingredients, affect the end beer.
- Thursday, April 21 at 6 pm - Betamore, Baltimore, MD
- Thursday, May 19 at 6 pm - Flying Dog Brewery, Frederick, MD
Beer 301: Beer and Food — A breakdown of how beer interacts with food by comparing beer and wine and reviewing tips on pairing beer with food, storing and aging beer and cooking with beer.
- Thursday, May 5th at 6pm - Betamore, Baltimore, MD (Special Cinco de Mayo Celebration: pairing beer + tacos!)
- Thursday, May 26 at 6 pm - Flying Dog Brewery, Frederick, MD