Name That Bucking Deer
Betwixt the various Ralph Steadman masterpieces that adorn the walls of our tasting room, right smack over the center of our bar, friends of Flying Dog can find a bit of twisted taxidermy. Nobody knows for sure exactly how our once-vibrant young buck managed to sprout such batty batons atop his furry crown, but everyone has a theory. Brewery elders claim our stuffed sidekick was left behind during an intergalactic pitstop, but others believe its origin to be much more sinister. Maybe even demonic. If our spooky Cervidae did indeed make a deal with the devil, one thing is abundantly clear: it wasn’t a good one.
Our deer-est regular is condemned to spend eternity mounted in Maryland, watching friends gather to share sips of bubbly drink. Lonely. Legless. The least we can do is give him a proper name.
Flipping through books of baby names hardly seems appropriate given our unorthodox family structure, so we’ve decided to crowd-source names from our fans. If our crippled creature’s dreadful origin story doesn’t quite compel you to contribute, perhaps a prize is in order:
Give us a name, and you'll be entered in a drawing to win a pair of tickets to our June 29th mustache-laced extravaganza, Tom SelleckCON.
Good luck, and happy hunting.
How to enter on Instagram:
Follow TR-IG (@flyingdogtastingroom) on Instagram.
Comment on the contest post with a name for our dummy deer-est, and tag 3 friends.
Resist all Kill Bill-inspired references to Buck being anywhere to do anything.
You can also submit your entry by filling out this form:
The fine print:
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal US residents and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Flying Dog Brewery, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Flying Dog Brewery as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 12th, 2019 at 1:00 PM EST and ending June 18th, 2019 at 6:00 PM EST. All online entries must be received by June 18th, 2019 at 6:00 PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by completing one of the following forms of submission:
2. Comment on #GoodDeerNoShit post with a suggested name for our beloved taxidermy.
3. Tag 3 friends in your comment mentioned above.
Submit all required information via the form on Flying Dog’s blog post.
The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Flying Dog Brewery. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Flying Dog Brewery.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive two (2) tickets to Flying Dog’s Tom SelleckCON event (appraised value: $30). The actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Flying Dog Brewery. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Flying Dog Brewery's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Flying Dog Brewery to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Flying Dog Brewery. Winner will be notified via Instagram direct message within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Flying Dog Brewery shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Flying Dog Brewery‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Flying Dog Brewery, anyone acting on behalf of Flying Dog Brewery, and Flying Dog Brewery’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Flying Dog Brewery. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Flying Dog Brewery from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Flying Dog Brewery may incur, suffer, or be required to pay to arise out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Flying Dog Brewery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Flying Dog Brewery’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Flying Dog Brewery may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Flying Dog Brewery. Flying Dog Brewery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Flying Dog Brewery has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Flying Dog Brewery reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Flying Dog Brewery and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States of America AND the State of Maryland, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Maryland having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to 4607 Wedgewood Blvd, Frederick, MD 21703, USA. Requests must be received no later than July 15th, 2019.
13. Instagram: The Campaign hosted by Flying Dog Brewery is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.