Beer vs. Wine Dinner: Round Two!
In one corner: yours truly. In the other: European wine importer Siema Wine. And you get to reap the benefits of our battle at Pizzeria Da Marco in Bethesda, Maryland.
On Tuesday, May 8, we're hosting a unique pairing event where one beer and one wine goes head-to-head with the same dish. Here's a look at the menu:
- Prosciutto and melon skewers
- Beer pairing: Woody Creek Belgian White Beer-mosa
- Wine pairing: Da Marco Bellini
- Mini sweet peppers stuffed with sausage, breadcrumbs, and cheese
- Panzerotti (fried mini calzone filled with ricotta, prosciutto, and fontina)
- Eggplant Parmigiana (oven-baked eggplant with mozzarella, tomato, basil, and parmesan
- Beer pairing: Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale
- Wine pairing: Bebe Rose
- Orange Salad (arugula, fresh oranges, fennel, red onions, olive oil, and chilli flakes)
- Beer pairing: Wildeman Farmhouse IPA
- Wine pairing: Lovisolo Gavi
- Gorgonzola with Speck (fresh mozzarella, gorgonzola, basil and speck)
- Margherita al Pesto (tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and pesto sauce)
- Pizza al Granchio (tomato sauce, crab, spinach, goat cheese, gorgonzola, and basil)
- Beer pairings: Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA and UnderDog Atlantic Lager
- Wine pairings: Odoardi Savuto (red) and Buso Pinot Grigio (white)
- Moscato Zabaione (chilled Zabaione with Moscato topped with fresh strawberries, chocolate truffles)
- Lodali Moscato
- Disobedience Abbey Dubbel
Dinner will be served at 6:30 pm is just $30 per person (tax and gratuity not included). There are only 45 spots available, so call Pizzeria Da Marco today to make your reservation: 301-654-6083.