Baltimore Beer Week 2014
Our Orioles are in the ALCS and Baltimore Beer Week starts tomorrow. If Charm City were any more charming right now, it would probably implode.
Have that dreamy assistant of yours who doesn't actually exist clear your calendar, because this year's lineup is a doozy.
Friday, October 10
- Give A Shuck at Kooper's Tavern: $1 from every Flying Dog purchased benefits the Oyster Recovery Partnership; plus, buck-a-shuck oysters.
- King of the Pin at Metropolitan: Our cask of Brewhouse Rarities Hoppy American Wheat will reign supreme.
Saturday, October 11
- Baltimore Beer Week Opening Tap at Rash Field: Sample Secret Stash Harvest Ale and the limited-edition PUMPKIN IPA.
- Pints of Pumpkin at T-Bonz Grill: 13 pumpkin beers on tap, including The Fear Imperial Pumpkin Ale.
Sunday, October 12
- Pints and Pancakes at Mahaffey's Pub: Our annual BBW hangover helper with beermosas and Mahaffey's famous syrup bar.
Monday, October 13
- Pumpkinfest at Victoria Gastro Pub: Featuring local pumpkin beers from yours truly, Evolution, Dogfish Head, Heavy Seas, and more
Tuesday, October 14
- Real Ale Tasting at Birroteca: All local casks with ingredients chosen by Birroteca's guests; ours is Pale Ale with passionfruit.
Wednesday, October 15
- East vs. West Beer Dinner at Birroteca: When we go head-to-head with Evolution with a four-course beer dinner, everybody wins.
Thursday, October 16
- Big Wheel and Cask Race at Max's Taphouse: Local beer reps, including our own Kimmie Chodnicki, racing around the Fells Point Square on big wheels and then drowning their embarrassment in real ale.
- Pints and Pumpkins at Metropolitan: Our annual night of sinners and sacrifice in the name of The Fear.
- The Fear and Football at Kloby's: We're tapping a cask of The Fear Imperial Pumpkin Ale for Thursday Night Football.
Friday, October 17
- Battle for Baltimore Cask Race at Victoria Gastro Pub: Cask-conditioned Bloodline Blood Orange Ale with jalapeño and cucumber FTW
- Tap Takeover at The Greene Turtle: The McHenry Row location will have the limited-edition Pumpkin IPA and more.
- Nitro Night at T-Bonz: The Fear, Double Dog, Pearl Necklace, and Bloodline ALL ON NITRO.
Saturday, October 18
- Chesapeake Real Ale Festival at Pratt Street Alehouse: Firkins of both The Truth and The Fear, which has a very nice ring to it.
- Friendship Craft Beer Festival at Friendship Wine and Liquor: Over 100 beers. We repeat: OVER 100 BEERS.
- Oktobearfest at the Maryland Zoo: Drinking beer in the zoo for a good cause...as opposed to all of those other times when you drank beer in the zoo.